The Portage Youth Soccer Club, Inc. is a volunteer, not for profit organization serving the youth of Portage and surrounding communities. It is governed by an elected Board of Directors and Officers. Meetings are held at least once a month and may be attended by any interested person.
To be leaders of the "Portage Soccer Community" with the common goal to provide our community's youth with the best soccer experience.
To provide our "soccer community" the best soccer experience, to assist our youth become good citizens and have a positive impact on their community and "the beautiful game."
To accomplish this vision, we will be:
- A soccer community that creates a fun, positive, healthy, and safe environment incorporating the principles of fair play and good sportsmanship
- A soccer community that is forward thinking and creative - offering the best resources and educational opportunities for the development of players, coaches, administrators, referees and parents
- A soccer community known for quality leadership, programs, and service
- A soccer community that is sensitive and responsive to the needs of our players, coaches, administrators, referees, and parents.
- A soccer community that "pays it forward"
Our Core Values
- Encourage creativity
- Demand teamwork
- Strengthen the "family"
- Ensure opportunities to play the beautiful game are offered to all
- Be inclusive; value diversity.
- Be a dependable, accountable and caring community
- Promote high moral and ethical standards
- Gain others' confidence through action
- Commit to continuous improvement
- Promote a healthy, safe and fun playing environment
- Ensure fair play and good sportsmanship